This page is for students enrolled in UCONN Early College Experience (ECE) courses.
UConn Lib Research Now Modules
What do the Research Now modules cover?
- Form a research question
- Understand different types of sources
- Search strategically using UConn Library resources
- Evaluate sources
- Understand the importance of citations
UCONN Research Resources
- What is my Net Id?
- Research Quickstart (How to Start Your Research)
- Assignment Calculator
- Books & Media Worldwide (UConn WorldCat) : Finds local and worldwide books, maps, media, etc. Easily request items not owned by UConn.
- Search : General finds articles, books, ebooks, media, and more owned or licensed by UConn
- Subject Database Guide Find articles via databases; arranged by subject
- Need journal, magazine, or newspaper articles? Start here.
- Google Scholar
- Class Guides (Web pages prepared by librarians for your courses)
- Online Reference Books (Encyclopedia, Dictionaries, Handbooks)
- Maps of the Homer Babbidge Library
- Borrowing Books, DVDs, and More
- MLA Citation Style Guide (Modern Language Association)
- Citing Government Sources ML
- Go to the SAS (Students Administration System--where you manage all of your UCONN business) and log in. If you have not yet activated your NetID, you must do so before you can do anything else. (It was mailed to you by the UCONN ECE program.)
- It is important that you forward your UCONN email (email@example.com) to the email you normally check the most often. All overdue, recall, and interlibrary loan information will be sent here. To set a forward on your Exchange account go to http://exchangeforwarding.uconn.edu/ then follow the directions below.
- In the Exchange account field, enter your NetID.
- In the password field, enter your EXCHANGE password
- Click on the Login button.
- When the new page opens, click on the Enable Forwarding button.
- In the Set Your Forwarding Address field, enter the account you want your Exchange Mail forwarded to.
- Click the submit button.
- You are now ready to establish your Illiad Interlibrary Loan account from the Babbidge homepage.